2-year-old burned to death in Mangochi

    0
    25

    A two-year-old boy was Thursday morning burned to death at Lanimashashe Village in Traditional Authority Chowe in Mangochi after he was trapped in a house that had caught fire.

    Sad death of a boy

    Mangochi police deputy Public Relations Officer, Sgt. Amina Tepani Daudi, identified the boy as Hopeness Biliati.

    Daudi explained the accident occurred when the boy accompanied by his two siblings were roasting maize in the house.

    She said the grass-thatched house caught fire and the 2-year-old got trapped in the house while the other two escaped calling for help.

    “Due to the wind which was blowing on this day, the grass thatched house caught fire which killed the boy, whereas his two friends Ester Jonathan 4, and Lucy Jonathan 3, managed to escape,” explained Daudi.

    She said during the time of the incident the deceased’s father, Paul Biliati, and his wife were at village headman Lanimashashe’s court attending a development meeting and that when they rushed home following the news, they found Hopeness already burned to death.

    Postmortem conducted at Lungwena health centre confirmed that death was due to suffocation and burns, according to Daudi.

    Mangochi police have since appealed to the general public not to leave children of tender age alone without parental care, guidance and close supervision to avoid such accidents.

    Follow and Subscribe Nyasa TV :

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here